Re: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidity.

2004-01-13 05:02:35
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Chris Drake wrote:

What advice are you giving to people implementing SPF as to their
legal risk when they trash legitimate customer emails?

I have no obligation whatsoever to accept any email from
you.  My mail server is my private property and there is
no contract between us.

What the internet REALLY needs is an "I am not a spammer" system so
that me and the businesses I correspond with can buy a 100% guarantee
that our email will never be trashed by the crazy anti-spam rules that
you and everyone else is busy dreaming up all the time (and yeah -
with revocation so spammers can't abuse it).

Unless you come up with such a system and show us how
to implement it, I'll happily implement SPF.

I don't require you to implement SPF, since I have no
need to receive your email.

kind regards,

Rik