Re[2]: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidity.

2004-01-13 05:38:29
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Chris Drake wrote:

99% of the world don't own their own mail server, so your initial
objection hopelessly misses the point.

Just because you can't, after a few seconds of deliberation, think of
a reason why you might need to accept email from me (or anyone not
using SPF, or anyplace that SPF wrongly blocked) doesn't mean you
won't in future.  Pretend you own a business, and don't just use email
for your friends, and you're selling stuff on the internet (widgets
that you sell 1 per week of, each making you $10,000 profit).  How
happy are you going to be using SPF to automatically erase incoming
emails from strangers?

If you cannot understand why SPF needs to go away ASAP, you should at
least not be helping to spread it around!

People, please don't feed the trolls!  At best this is someone who is
clearly completely clueless.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this
was a spammer who recognizes he'll have a serious problem spamming once
SPF is in full force!

Besides, if you make $10K profit a week, spend the $100/month on your own
mail server and accept as much e-mail as you like.  Set up an SPF record
for YOUR domain and then maybe your mail won't be blocked by my server.

--
"If the truth is out there, why can't I find it on Google?" -- Me.
GnuPG key available at http://www.keyserver.net/ or directly from me