Re[2]: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidity.

2004-01-13 05:38:22
Hi Alex,

No - you misunderstand - the recipient ISP follows the policy of the
ISP identified in the envelope; this is not me (and it may or may not
even be my own ISP), and they may or (usually) may not list me in
their SPF system (especially not as I run my own outgoing mail server,
but I digress).

It is not "I" who block mail from others - its my ISP - and it is
beyond my control whether or not they do this, which is why I hate SPF
so much!  I cannot afford ever to loose even just 1 email.  Why is
this so hard for everyone to understand?

I can NEVER afford to loose ANY emails.

I can NEVER afford for my sent emails to get trashed without my
knowledge.

Please re-read those last 2 sentences before replying.

My remarks are not foolish - your assumption that everyone runs their
own mail server and therefore can easily add SPF records, and can
easily get all recipients to add SPF records for them is the foolish
remark here!

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake