Re[3]: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidity.

2004-01-13 06:13:37
Hi Rik,

Take a look at mailblocks then - IMHO it's the best implementation
available for anti-spam.  SPF isn't designed for spam blocking, so if
you're looking for an anti-spam SPF is not going to solve much.

Unfortunately, for technical reasons, I can't myself use mailblocks,
but everyone I know who uses it swears by it.

There's a few other things that are similar too - I forget the names
of them, though I've been asked to authenticate by them a few times.

And of course - since it's user-to-user, nobody who isn't looking for
spam blocking gets affected (like all the users of an ISP for
example).

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake

You should be working on a standard that USERS can ALWAYS opt out of.