Re: What is the QUERY_TYPE code for an SPF DNS lookup?

2004-01-13 07:42:33
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:21:26AM +1100, Chris Drake wrote:

|    SPF makes use of the "SPF" DNS record type where it is available.
|    Where it is not available, SPF falls back to the TXT record type.
|    Throughout the remainder of this document, "SPF record" means the
|    record found at either an SPF or TXT.
|
| except the draft doesn't number the SPF record type anywhere that I
| can see.

Quite right.  The SPF community is waiting with bated breath for a
knight in shining armour to take on the DNS WG dragon and win from its
hoard an SPF RR type.  To date, no such champion has surfaced.  This may
be due to a lack of marriageable princesses on the mailing list.  Hmm.

Until a knight does this feat, I am content with TXT, especially since
it means we don't have to ask everybody in the world to upgrade their
nameserver.