Re: Some thoughts on the XML thread...

2004-01-23 08:01:08
In
<200401231315(_dot_)57441(_dot_)dan(_at_)boresjo(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Dan Boresjo <dan(_at_)boresjo(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

On Friday 23 January 2004 1:02 pm, wayne wrote:
Never attribute to malice what can be easily explained by stupidity.

Even when the suspected actor has a clear motive and a long, unbroken
track-record of both intelligence and malice?

Corporations are made up of individuals.  I have no reason to believe
that the people involved in Mysterious Stakeholder's "caller-id for
email" have been, in any way, involved in these other actions.

I think there are very strong technical and practical reasons to think
that SPF is a far better system than MS's "caller-id", Yahoo's
DomainKeys, RMX, DMP, Vixie's funny-MX-numbers, etc.  I thank these
others for bringing up alternative ideas and appreciate the work they
have done on them.  When these other proposals have shown better
ideas, we should adopt the ideas and give credit where credit is due.

I have seen nothing in either MS's caller-id or Yahoo's DomainKeys
that, for technical reasons, is worth adopting.  That's all I care
about.

-wayne