Re: Is Return-Path as available as we think?

2004-02-02 14:31:22
On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 01:26:22PM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
| >IIRC, Justin Mason said that fetchmail can mess things up.
| - == SPF fail, because 'IP of list server' isn't permitted for
|   'original-env-from(_at_)example(_dot_)com'.
|
| The way to avoid that: skip messages where 'X-Sender' appears, and
| Received contains 'fetchmail'.

Would the following rules work better?

Use the first from the following list of items which is both present and
non-empty:

 1. the first Resent-Sender header in the message, unless it is preceded
    by a Resent-From header and one or more Received or Return-Path
    headers occur after said Resent-From header and before the
    Resent-Sender header

 2. the first mailbox in the first Resent-From header in the message

 3. the Sender header in the message

 4. the first mailbox in the From: header in the message

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt