Re: Is Return-Path as available as we think?

2004-02-03 19:43:21
In
<16416(_dot_)3685(_dot_)516663(_dot_)148924(_at_)moriarty(_dot_)gnomon(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk>
 Roy Badami <roy(_at_)gnomon(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk> writes:

If the message contains no resent headers, use algorithm A.  If the
message contains one or more resent headers, use algorithm B.

[snip!]

Have you tried using these algorithms on read emails?  If so, what
kind of results have you seen?

I think SpamAssassin does some of this stuff.  Have you looked at
their algorithms?

Personally, I'm not sure that putting any such algorithm in an RFC is
a good idea.  Just vague hints and suggestions will probably work
best.  Anything that depends on having useful headers generated by
other MTAs is probably going to run into a lot of problems with crappy
MTAs that are all too common on the Internet.

-wayne

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt