Re: Is Return-Path as available as we think?

2004-02-03 20:35:11
    Roy> Actually, on reflection, what SPF should probably say is
    Roy> something more like the following:

Just to clarify:

I like my algorithm slightly more than Meng's, but I'm now wedded to it.

But neither should appear as a normative part of the spec.  The para I
wrote below is unambiguous in the case of conformant messages (I think
-- if not it should be fixed to be so). Both Meng's and my algorithm
get into the dangerous and unnecessary territory of trying to define
the semantics of non-conformant messages.

A sample algorithm, in an informative appendix, is certainly useful,
but the actual standard shoudn't be worded in those terms.

Does that seem reasonable?

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt