Re: Pollution from the Qmail list

2004-02-10 04:59:24
It hath once been written:

I personally love posts that include references to things, but then
no links or other method of tracking the information down.  I'm
uncertain that this level of ignorance can be overcome, thankfully
this individual in particular is merely a follower.

And this coming from the QMail list, the email server that by
default ships as
an open bounce relay. These are default settings that no end of
discussion with the proponents of QMail can sway their view on...

You don't know what you're talking about and should shut up.

I won't bother quoting all of the ranting of the above induhvidual...

Is such idiocy really tolerated on this list by the listmasters? Are there any
standards or respectful netiquette at all?

This is the second time in so many days that we have seen such foulness
propagated on the list by subscribers. I am not one to preach at all about what
is or is not proper language.

But, clearly, I would think that personal attacks on other list members would
be stepping over the proverbial line of respectful discourse...

Cheers!

Steven G. Willis     sgwillis(_at_)deepskytech(_dot_)com       772.794.9494
Deep Sky Technologies, Inc.          http://www.deepskytech.com/
http://www.badchickens.com/         http://www.store-secure.com/
AIM-iChat: dstisgwillis