Re: the FAQ on (user) forwarding

2004-02-10 15:04:09
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:54:55PM +0100, Ernesto Baschny wrote:
There is no simple solution for handling the bounces with just a few
lines of procmail.

This certainly contradicts the FAQ:

     But don't worry, the workaround is trivial.

Are you then implying with your response that there is not yet a
proposal to handle "dot forward" bounces under SPF?

Is there anybody on this list who can share a
.forward/procmail/maildrop receipe that prevents bounce relaying/spam
and consistent with SRS?

Or is there a document in existence which describes in precise terms
how _all_ bounces are to be handled, even in case of multiple incoming
and outgoing servers?  In particular, I'd like to read about
implementation suggestions and analysis of "secret" management in case
of multiple servers.  How did AOL implement SPF?

While the SPF webpage talks about SPF as something implemented in DNS,
the SRS described on page

http://www.anarres.org/projects/srs/

talks about hashes and databases (still without addressing multiple
server synchronization). How is pobox.com implementing SRS: use DB,
RDB, single or multiple secrets?

Thx,

Mate
--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis