Re: tagging the return path from the get-go

2004-02-13 09:46:56
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:24:28PM +0000, Brian Candler wrote:
| Maybe. What I was musing is that SPF by itself doesn't solve the
| null-envelope-sender problem as far as I can see, and that SRS could by
| itself solve that *and* the original problem which SPF was trying to solve
| (i.e. forged envelope senders). Simpler solution, quicker deployment, more
| immediate benefit to those who deploy.

That is an excellent insight.  It would be interesting to consider how
VERP and TMDA and TitanKey also approach this problem.

  http://cr.yp.to/proto/verp.txt
  http://tmda.net/faq.cgi?req=all#1.12
  http://www.titankey.com/productInfo/whatIsKM.html

cheers
meng

pobox.com ... where our customers innovate even faster than we do