Re: A couple of thoughts

2004-02-17 06:36:37

On 15 Feb 2004 at 12:52, Tim Wilde wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Shevek wrote:

They ought to be using VRFY. Something is very messed up here.

That's all well and good, but we live in a world where EXPN and VRFY are
disabled by default because spammers use them for that exact same purpose.

Yet one more reason why we need something like a IMX record. That way
you would only a request come from a MX or IMX server.

--
Tim Wilde
twilde(_at_)dyndns(_dot_)org

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-20040209.txt

John Warren, President            | Tel.: +1 714-573-9650
Warren Engineering                | Fax:  +1 714-573-9289
14681 Danborough Rd.              |
mailto:jwarren(_at_)wenet(_dot_)tustin(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us
Tustin, CA 92780-6755             |
mailto:info(_at_)wenet(_dot_)tustin(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us
                                  | http:Someday.com
| Any and all use of my email address for bulk email without my      |
| expressed permission is prohibited. This means NO JUNK EMAIL, SPAM.|
| Support the anti-Spam amendment, Join at http://www.cauce.org/     |