Re: softfail considered harmful

2004-02-18 09:35:50
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 04:28:53PM +0000, Dan Boresjo wrote:

If you are just as likely to read these 'encapsulated' messages, then there
is
no effective difference, in terms of your time wasted, between 'softfail' and
'accept'.

If they are kept in a separate folder, I'm likely to recognize your email
address (as in: does ring a bell).

But yes, in a year or twenty you may be right.  In this time of transition
however I will probably look at it.

I suspect most people will not take the time to read these encapsulated
messages since most of them will be spam. Just like emptying your junk mail
folder without reading each one.

I cannot speak for most people.  I can speak for myself. I do scan most of
the sender addresses in most of the spam folders.  Spam with a high score
of 20 or more is deleted after I'm convinced nothing is wrong with SA. Spam
with a score of 5 to 10 is, depending on the sender, often scanned (first
few lines, until a match on blue pills and the like).

Alex
--
begin  sig
http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1