Re: Sendmail.com announces they are working on DomainKeys with Yahoo

2004-02-24 15:47:24
----- Original Message -----
From: "Meng Weng Wong" <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Sendmail.com announces they are working on
DomainKeys with Yahoo

From my reading of the press release, I wouldn't be surprised
< if Sendmail added support for DK, CID, SPF, and others as well.

I'd like to point out, that with the new map "socket" in sendmail 8.13, SPF
checks in sendmail (with an SPF daemon running) will essentially be as fast
as a DNSBL lookup. The same goes for SRS.

I think the significance of this should not be underestimated. Because it
means, just as with DNSBL lookups, made from within sendmail.cf, there is no
longer a need/desire even, to come up with C patches to the source.

Personally, I would not be surprised if sendmail had complex lookups
(code-wise) of our kind in mind, when they introduced the new "socket" map.

Cheers,

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---