Re: General Status of SPF

2004-02-26 13:15:08
David Woodhouse wrote:
The concept of SPF is based on the assumption that no hosts out there
legitimately forward email without changing the sender address. That
assumption is not valid in the general case, at the present time.

There are schemes (SRS) proposed to work around this flawed assumption
by making it true, but they need to be implemented by every forwarding
host on the Internet before the assumptions of SPF become generally
valid.

For me sender (MAIL FROM) rewriting it is not a problem if the target system expressed the needs of this rewriting.

But how a target system can forbid such a rewriting?

A flag would be good (for me). For example: rewriting is allowed only if the target system has SPF record and it does not contain the "nonsrs" flag (after "all").

z2