Re: Latest proposal re HELO checking: make HELO tests optional

2004-03-09 14:39:32
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, wayne wrote:

You appear to still be advocating using the MAIL FROM address to send
bounces to.  As a result, you are advocating abusing innocent third
parties.

Are you saying it's better to silently drop the mail?

If email I send is likely to go silently into the bit bucket, then email
is quickly going to become a useless toy for my purposes.  Even the post
office tries to eventually return undeliverable mail to the sender. ;)