Re: Latest proposal re HELO checking: make HELO tests optional

2004-03-13 11:30:04
"list" == list
"Re: Latest proposal re HELO checking: make HELO tests optional"
 Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:43:54 +0100

    list> BTW: I do not like that kind of behaviour by a receiving
    list> mail system. If you want to send a bounce, ok, just send
    list> it. But probing for addresses will get you a permanent
    list> IP-address block on our firewall as sson as I notice it in
    list> the logfiles. I regard it as a preliminary action to a spam
    list> run or (d)DOS attack.

Fine.  A sure way to get a permanent block on systems under my
influence is to send a mail and be unwilling to accept a return
envelope at the reverse path.  First your mail will be rejected and if
you are noticed to persist you may be silently /dev/nulled at a
router.

        jam