Re: SRS and secondary MX

2004-03-18 19:30:24
--"Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com> wrote:

It should not SRS encode mail that is simply getting
relayed.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why not?

The secondary has to be checking SPF coming in, right? If it does not use SRS then you have to white-list the secondary, because your secondary is not an authorized sender for all incoming mail from all domains, and if they don't check SPF forgeries would not be stopped.

If SRS works correctly then the bounces will still get back to their true owners (even better, since the true owner passed SPF checks) it just means an extra step on the way back, right?

Perhaps I am missing something... if so please be patient with me... I was not sure of the difference between a relay and a forwarder with regard to SRS.