RE: Re: envelope from vs data from

2004-03-19 04:32:18
Were you agreeing or disagreeing with me there? Can't quite make out...
I did say that mailing lists would have a problem if SPF checks were
against the From: field.

It shouldn't be required to add all mailing list IP to your SPF records,
that's what I said would be unreasonable. Running the check against the
MAIL FROM wouldn't require this, so I can't see how SPF caused you a
problem? Maybe you could enlighten me?

Regards,
Lyndon

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia [mailto:nkadel(_at_)merl(_dot_)com]
Sent: 18 March 2004 23:52
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: envelope from vs data from

Not for mailing lists. This turned into a *big* problem for
me when I just enabled full and fascist SPF filters on my
external sendmail mail servers. I do reaslize that it's
possible to whitelist specific mailing list hosts by putting
them as authorized domains in your SPF records. I'm still
thinking about the best way to provide my users with their
own whitelist capability to go with SPF filtering. I'm afraid
it will have to be done via procmail, CRM114, Spamassassin,
or the like on my internal systems and I won't be able to
simply bounce the messages outside, which sucks.

In fact, I was bouncing my posts to *this* list....

Email checked by UKsubnet anti-virus service
To prevent email abuse & block spam
contact enquiries(_at_)uksubnet(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
Tel: +44(0)8712360301 Web: www.uksubnet.net
Fax: +44(0)8712360300