RE: This company will be glad of SPF

2004-03-19 10:20:26
I can't send a bounce to martyn(_dot_)cattermole(_at_)assetz(_dot_)com,
therefore I don't accept mail claiming to be from that address.

Note that they didn't even have to disable that account to
achieve this. It can still accept _real_ mail; it just needs
to reject bounces -- which means they just need to avoid
sending valid mail with that address in MAIL FROM:<>. They
can use something like SRS to avoid using the 'raw' address
in outgoing mail from that person. I do.

I'm not quite getting that... What is the difference between a bounce
and a real mail? I'm not a total dumb wit, as I understand SRS, I'm
probably just not seeing how the two link together in the right context.
Maybe there is something else you could say that would make the
connection...?

Its getting late too, I'll soon be getting ready for my Friday night out
on the town!

Regards,
Lyndon.

Email checked by UKsubnet anti-virus service
To prevent email abuse & block spam
contact enquiries(_at_)uksubnet(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
Tel: +44(0)8712360301 Web: www.uksubnet.net
Fax: +44(0)8712360300