Re: another problem with crypto

2004-03-20 11:15:52
--On Freitag, März 19, 2004 18:22:57 -0500 Greg Wooledge <greg(_at_)wooledge(_dot_)org> wrote:

Lyndon Eaton (lyndon(_dot_)eaton(_at_)premierpc(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk) wrote:

On your email I see the red certificate, however Outlook tells me "The
message has an invalid Digital Signature. Open the message for more
information". Why is that? Could this possibly because of mailserver
adding footer?

Yes, it is.  It breaks the signatures from us mutt users, too.

IMHO this is also an argument against crypto-based alternatives to SPF. Breaking signatures is a worse problem than enevlope sender rewriting when forwarding mail.

Ralf