Re: How to built an SPF record that is split in substrings?

2004-04-06 09:20:24
In
<200404061715(_dot_)48415(_dot_)dan(_at_)boresjo(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Dan Boresjo <dan(_at_)boresjo(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 16:31, wayne wrote:
I may also be (mis-?) remembering conversations with Meng on the
subject, but I can't find anything in the mailing list archive about
this subject.

Someone pointed out that DNS records are not ordered,

Correct. DNS resource records may (but may not always) change the
order inwhich they are returned in different queries.

However, we are not talking about multiple RRs here, we are talking
about multiple substrings on a single TXT RR.  The last time I
checked, I could find nothing in the RFCs that guarenteed that the
substrings will not be rearranged, but in practice, I know of no cases
where the order is not preserved.

-wayne