Re: SPF internet-draft v 01 released to RFC Editor

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200405/0078.html

| The DIGIT transformer is used for selecting components of a domain name or
| IP address when constructing auxiliary DNS lookups. However the maximum
| practical value is 9 -- any more than that and you will have
| interoperability problems because an implementation MAY be unable to deal
| with 2 DIGITs in a directive.
|
| I note that the maximum number of labels in a domain name is 128. Perhaps
| the limit in the spec should be removed and this fact should be noted
| instead.

OK, the new text reads:

   The DIGIT transformer indicates the number of right-hand parts to
   use after optional reversal.  If a DIGIT is specified, it MUST be
   nonzero.  If no DIGITs are specified, or if the value specifies
   more parts than are available, all the available parts are used.
   If the DIGIT was 5, and only 3 parts were available, the macro
   interpreter would pretend the DIGIT was 3.  Implementations MUST
   support at least a value of 128, as that is the maximum number of
   labels in a domain name.

is that better?