Re: smtpd_recipiant/client_restrictions

2004-05-21 10:55:31
Meng Weng Wong wrote:

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:37:17AM -0600, Jeff Taylor wrote:
| | So I'm wondering... Would this setup cause and kind of security | problems? Is there any reason why I *shouldn't* run the check from | smtpd_client_restrictions, or is this a valid (alternative) way to | implement it?

The best way for me to answer that question is to ask you to concisely
describe the difference between smtpd_client_restrictions and
smtpd_recipient_restrictions  :)

That I would have to look up.  I myself don't exactly know.

Does anyone have ideas about why I can't get it to work | from within smtpd_recipient_restrictions?

Does it work when you have it before reject_unauth_destination?

No it does not. I tried several things attempting to get it to work, and now I am wondering if the rules under smtpd_recipient_restrictions are even being processed. Know of any way to test that?