Re: smtpd_recipiant/client_restrictions

2004-05-24 15:15:58
Chuck, I did in fact get your email, however have not ben able to reply back to you. Got the following error when trying to send:

554 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [216.87.84.209] (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Not sure what this error is about, as that is one of my IP addresses and should have no problems resolving back to my domain.

Chuck Mead wrote:

Jeff Taylor wrote:

With the exception that the script is /etc/postfix/spf.pl -- yes, I have added this info. But thanks for checking.

Okay cool... well if you got my off-list mail you'be been able to check your config against a working one. Mine does indeed work though it comes only after lots of other checks are run first. I didn't want to spend the cpu cycles when most of the garbage is caught by other, less intensive blocks in my config.