Re: smtpd_recipiant/client_restrictions

2004-05-24 20:36:51
OK I found the line that appears to be giving me problems -- permit_mx_backup.
Now as far as I can tell, this line is required due to my servers both performing backup for other off-site domains, and allowing those sites to perform backup for my own domains. Those domains have been specified under relay_domains, and the backup has been frequently tested over the past few years, so I at least know the config works. I'll leave it up to others here to tell me if that is the correct or best way to set it up.

Unfortunately, if I include permit_mx_backup within smtpd_recipient_restrictions, it prevents check_policy_service from running. So I've settled on the following config, which moves everything else to smtpd_recipient_restrictions, but still appears to be running all of the checks (which take about 8 seconds on my servers). Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement of the following...

smtpd_client_restrictions =
        permit_mx_backup

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        permit_mynetworks,
#       permit_sasl_authenticated,
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/pop-before-smtp,
        reject_unauth_destination,
        check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist_recip,
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist,
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/reject_access_map,
        reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,
        reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
        reject_rbl_client china.blackholes.us,
        reject_rbl_client korea.blackholes.us,
        check_policy_service unix:private/policy