the philosophy of CBV

2004-05-26 21:34:28
On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 08:56:07PM -0400, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

| I'm ending this thread, on my part at least.  My goal was not to win a
| fight it was to make a good argument.  I believe I've done that for at
| least a few spectators -- hopefully some people that didn't think CBV
| was irresponsible already.

Well, thanks for the thread.  It certainly broadened my mind and maybe
we'll turn off CBVs if SPF tests pass or fail definitively, or
something like that.  Also we do try to cache the CBV as best we can.

SPF makes a lot of other things unnecessary, so we're having to build
more complex logic where if the SPF test passes we do certain things,
and if the SPF test fails we do other things, and if there's no data
we do a third set.