RE: Using SPF w/o XML

2004-05-26 21:02:16
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Ryan Malayter wrote:

That's just my point. A whole parser written just for SPFv1 is not a
*simpler* solution.

SPFv1 *syntax* is dirt simple - unlike XML.

Also, the SPFv1 language has a lot of underlying complexity. People even
talk about Turing-completeness. Re-implementing a SPFv1 parser may be
equivalent to writing a (simple) compiler. Do we want to force

The *semantics* (what you do with the mechanisms once they are parsed)
can be complex.  The XML semantics are precisely the same - only the
syntax is different.