Re: RCPT TO: rejecting

2004-05-26 10:07:04
David Brodbeck <gull(_at_)gull(_dot_)us> wrote:

I can understand people having moral objections to CBV, but I don't think
the "it can be used as a DoS vector" rationalization is a realistic one.
Heck, you could make the same argument about reverse DNS lookups, or
identd, both of which seem to be widely accepted practices.

You are correct, of course.  My own opposition is simply based on
the additional network traffic callbacks generate.  I believe there
are better ways (specifically, signed envelope sender) to achieve
the same thing (authentication of the source of the message).

My other point (admittedly off topic) was that the multiplier effect
is not the only factor which makes distributed denial of service attacks
harmful.                                              -- George