Re: RCPT TO: rejecting

2004-05-26 09:56:58
David Brodbeck <gull(_at_)gull(_dot_)us> wrote:

I'm sure I'm missing something here.  To be an effective DoS method, CBV
would have to have a multiplier effect. [...]

This is not entirely true.  The problem with callbacks is that they
come from hither and yon, making them effectively impossible to
block, as opposed to one machine generating a zillion SMTP sessions.
The amount of traffic is the same in either case, but one can be
trivially stopped and the other can't.         -- George Mitchell