Re: RCPT TO: rejecting

2004-05-26 09:51:42
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

The point is that they no longer need a "zombie group" nor do they need
to compromise machines.  Instead, you've decided to offer a service
that allows them to have you beat the crap out of some innocent victim.

I'm sure I'm missing something here.  To be an effective DoS method, CBV
would have to have a multiplier effect. Since you have to create an SMTP
session to the machine doing CBV every time you want it to connect to the
machine you're trying to DoS, I don't see the multiplier effect here.  You
could get exactly the same effect just by connecting directly to the
machine you're trying to DoS.