RE: Logo aka branding aka identity issue

2004-05-26 10:16:40
DJ Coster
I would suggest that the logo be something like the back
of an envelope with an old fashion looking 'wax seal'
with SPF in the center of it.

Michale Py wrote:
Like this?
http://arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us/seal/wax.jpg

This logo looks nice, crisp, and professional.
If only it did not look like a semi-melted condom.  :-)

DJ Costner wrote:
The other comment would be that I'm from a VERY conservative state and
people here would probably make noise about a logo that even remotely
could be taken in a sexual way.  The male / female thing.  Oh, and which
way does this really work?  Is the sender opening a locked receiver or is
the receiver unlocking the sender?  Now I'm confused....

Was not referring to male/female in the way of sex organs. The male/female
analogy is commonly used to refer to the ends of cable connections and many
other things.  Guess a better suggestion might have been a puzzle piece.
And def not a key. This is why the bottom mailbox would be opened.  It can
accept any type of mail it chooses, but it does have a blank in order to
check
that the incoming puzzle piece fits if it chooses to use SPF.

Just one idea.  I like all the suggestions so far.

bg

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200405.txt

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200405.txt