Re: Logo aka branding aka identity issue

2004-05-26 10:47:45
--DJ Coster <djc(_at_)cohortnet(_dot_)com> wrote:

OK, my 2 cents worth.  SPF only gives the receiving MTA the ability to
validate the from address.  It doesn't make sure they actually check it.
I would suggest that the logo be something like the back of an envelope
with an old fashion looking 'wax seal' with SPF in the center of it.

I like this, the image of a wax seal with imprint is consistent with what we want to do.

I think we need to come up with a name to rally both SPF and CID under, unless one or the other camp would like to just rally under the other's flag for the sake of common name recognition. SPF has earned a lot of notice in the technical community, while CID has probably a bit more press in the mainstream.

Let's not worry about what the name will actually be, but assume we will have one. That keeps us from having to create a logo that incorporates two names.