Re: Logo aka branding aka identity issue

2004-05-28 08:09:17
On 5/26/2004 15:14, James Couzens wrote:
On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 10:47, Greg Connor wrote:

I think we need to come up with a name to rally both SPF and CID under,
[...]

In addition to the above stated points, we're not selling this to end
users (MS's typical audience), we're trying to raise the brow of
competent (hopefully) network administrators who shouldn't require
"swaying" with fancying marketing slogans that literally don't make
sense like "Caller-ID for E-mail".

I think you hit the nail on the head with "hopefully."  There are plenty
of incompetent sys/net admins out there who are very swayed by popular
opinion and marketing/press spin irregardless of technical merit.

Going beyond just the incompetents, there are also plenty of sites that
don't even have an admin of any sort, instead relying on the "smartest
secretary" I.T. management concept.  Getting those sites to call in a
consultant or whomever to implement SPF is also important.

I'll assert that until it can be definitively said that there is a
_large_ critical mass of SPF usage (i.e. "com'on, everybody's doing
it...") that SPF can use all the marketing help it can get.

Cheers,

~Jason