Inbox Event Reminder: you are invited to the SPF BOF June 3rd at Marriott San Jose 6:30-8:00pm

2004-05-27 14:06:47
I would like to remind folks that next week is the Inbox Event.
  http://www.inboxevent.com/2004/

It looks like they're going to put on a great show.
  http://www.inboxevent.com/2004/conference_Faculty.asp

There are two specific events I would like to highlight:

  Wed Jun 2 6:30-8:00pm -- Email Accountability Symposium

On Wednesday we'll discuss the basics of SPF and talk about the merger
with Caller-ID.  At the same time on Thursday, we'll roll up our
sleeves and plan a strategy for adoption.

  Thu Jun 3 6:30-8:00pm -- SPF Deployment Timeline BOF

This is a working meeting.  Representatives from a number of industry
segments will attend.  I hope that in this hour and a half, the email
industry can collectively agree on a vague schedule for SPF
deployment.  After we've come to consensus, we can all go for dinner
and have a toast to a spam-free future!

Most importantly we need to set a deadline for SRS/RFROM/DAVE
deployment by forwarders.  Forwarders are an important constituency to
win over.  With their cooperation, senders can publish a "-all"
default and receivers can start rejecting spoofs with confidence.

Coordination is essential so nobody gets left behind.  (Well, except
for the conscientious objectors, but they weren't going to go along
anyway.)  That's why we need to work together as an industry.

Both of the 6:30-8pm events are free admission.  Everyone is welcome.

UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
Information is ENCOURAGED.