Re: XML!! Lets bang square peg into round hole!!

2004-06-01 12:20:35
At 02:41 PM 6/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
From: "Lars B. Dybdahl" <lars(_at_)dybdahl(_dot_)dk>
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] XML!! Lets bang square peg into round hole!!
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:30:50 +0200

I forgot to write, that XML only makes sense if Microsoft demands it
for a merger, of course. By having it in the spec, they can use it in
the marketing, and except for the implementors, the rest of the world
can forget about the XML option if they want.

Lars.
I would be very careful about adopting the attitude that the better
technology will win out. There are many real world examples where the
better technology did not win out.

Many years ago I invested in a Beta VCR because the technology was far
superior to VHS. I ended up with a piece of junk because better marketing
eventually won that battle, and Microsoft is historically an excellant
marketer. Code bloat for Microsoft is a fact of life.

J.A. Coutts