Re: XML!! Lets bang square peg into round hole!!

2004-06-01 13:06:24
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 administrator(_at_)yellowhead(_dot_)com wrote:

Many years ago I invested in a Beta VCR because the technology was far
superior to VHS. I ended up with a piece of junk because better marketing
eventually won that battle...

It wasn't *just* marketing.  While Beta had superior resolution, VHS
offered longer recording times, at least at first.  Also, think back to
the TVs people had in 1983 -- they just weren't good enough to see the
difference between VHS and Beta.

The lesson is that while the better technology often wins, people may have
different ideas of what "better" means. ;)