Standard for SES (signed envelope sender)

2004-06-05 23:45:53
In the thread "ENVID to prevent forged bounces with SUBMITTER?"
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

I could use:

SES0=FEPOFORF=I6=user(_at_)foo(_dot_)com

Is that already some standard for SES?

Since only the original sender has to know the format used for the
signature, he could use any format.

The only problem exists for a mail server that blacklists/whilelists certain
envelope senders. It would work only if there is some standard for SES so
that the receiving mail server can recognize a signed envelope sender and
find out where the signature start and ends.

Are there any plans to indroduce such a standard?

(Currently my mail server signs the sender as follows:
localpart_i7a32kvp(_at_)example(_dot_)com
Since on my mail system the local part can be up to 55 characters, maximum 9
characters can be added.)

Roger