Re: Standard for SES (signed envelope sender)

2004-06-06 06:42:31
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Roger Moser wrote:

Shevek wrote:

Please let me know what your mail system is, since I am maintaining a list
of systems which enforce the 64 character limit, and there is currently
only 1 (relatively rare) system on the list.

My mail system is self-made and exists since 1988. The SMTP module does not
limit the length of the local part. But all users on my system have an email
address with a local part not longer than 55 characters.

Ah, so the limitation is by choice, rather than by fact.

If you do discover any systems which enforce this limit, please let me
know, so that I can keep my list updated. So far, after 3 months, the list
is still disgustingly short.

S.

--
Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/