RE: Re: SUBMITTER is a bad idea

2004-06-06 14:45:50
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Michael R. Brumm wrote:

Seth Goodman wrote:
When you mention that SRS solves this problem, it only does so if _all_
forwarders implement SRS.  Until that happens, and from a practical
standpoint, it is extremely unlikely that everyone will implement anything,
you still have to whitelist some forwarders and you will receive forged
bounce spam through those channels.

If my forwarder doesn't implement SRS, as a SPF filtering recipient, I
won't get any forwards from them. If I send to someone who is an SPF
filtering recipient through a forwarder, I'll get a bounce from an email
I sent. I certainly won't receive "forged bounce spam".

This (and the rest of the preceding mail) is true and I agree with it. In
addition, the bounce you receive from SPF in this case tells you clearly
who is not doing what and where so it can be fixed.

S.

--
Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/
I am the Borg.                         http://www.gothnicity.org/