Re: help with reference implementation

2004-06-09 09:26:59
In
<FAEB29CCD497D043AA05ACFA4AEE313D018948AA(_at_)zixit-exch-01s(_dot_)mrktg(_dot_)zixadmin(_dot_)com>
 "Philip Tucker" <PTucker(_at_)zixcorp(_dot_)com> writes:

I see.  So fail, softfail, and neutral all pretty much mean the same
thing as far as the basic structure of the policy, but they are in
descending order of severity.  softfail (and perhaps neutral to a lesser
extent) can be used as hints in an overall anti-spam policy, but should
not be used to block indiscriminantly.  That about right?

Yeah, I would say that is about right.

It is very similar to the "error", "warning", "info" levels of error
messages, or "standard", "depreciated", "normal code" levels of
programming languages.  There are times when I want to be very strict
about things and won't accept any compiler warnings or use any
deprecated language features, and there are times when as I'll be very
loose.

This generally has to do with being conservative with what I generate,
but being more liberal with what I accept.

-wayne