Re: Please stop publishing -all it is NOT time yet

2004-06-14 00:22:47
James Couzens wrote:

Also for the benefit of anyone else reading here, people need to stop
publishing -all.  Its TOO early.  Michael is not only having this
problem, but getting e-mail rejected as a result!  This behaviour will
only damage the reputation of SPF.

It is not my place to request this, so listen if you feel its sound
advice.  Please stop publishing records with -all.  It is TOO EARLY.

Dennis Dayman from Verizon has already discovered this and I suggest
that those who care, follow his example and revert to ?all until its the
proper time.  Behaviour like -all is only going to alienate us from
those who oppose SPF for REASONS JUST LIKE THIS.  Sorry about the caps
abuse, but trying to make a point.

I have published all my domains and my clients domains with -all and I won't change that because I know that I (and my clients) only send e-mail from the mailserver and not from anywhere else. So I do not understand why I should publish ?all or ~all. I also don't want to change all the domains at the "flag day".

Also some statistics form my logfiles:

result: fail:         333
result: softfail:     126
result: neutral:      313 (139 AOL, 131 GMX, all spams or viruses)
result: none:        9805
result: unknown:       73
result: error:         10
result: pass:        1303 (1 AOL, 50 GMX)
Total:              11963

So I also reject ?all and ~all. I don't need these viruses in my inbox.

Teddy