Re: Please stop publishing -all it is NOT time yet

2004-06-14 01:51:04
On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:42:24AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 09:22 +0200, Teddy wrote:

I have published all my domains and my clients domains with -all and I
won't change that because I know that I (and my clients) only send
e-mail from the mailserver and not from anywhere else. So I do not
understand why I should publish ?all or ~all. I also don't want to
change all the domains at the "flag day".

So either you don't understand fully, or you're happy with the fact that
when your clients send email to another address outside your control,
and that email gets forwarded on to its final destination without SRS,
you are trying to cause that valid mail to be lost.

Actually, the hops in between also need to do spf checking of course, if they
don't it doesn't matter wether you have -all ?all or -hoolahoola .

Anyway, isn't it supposed to bounce, instead of being silently dropped? I think
there are domains for which it is entirely feasible to act upon these bounces,
by contacting the administrator of the non-srs host, do some evangalising etc..

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html