Re: bad advice: Please stop publishing -all it is NOT time yet

2004-06-13 11:41:31
In <1087150867(_dot_)3488(_dot_)147(_dot_)camel(_at_)nomad> Michael Weiner
<hunter(_at_)userfriendly(_dot_)net> writes:

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 13:10 -0500, wayne wrote:
Can you tell me which version of the perl M:S:Q module you are using?
To the best of my knowledge, this has worked for a *very* long time.

[...]
Cant really tell version numbers but everything appears up2dateLooks.

Hrmpf.

So much for the simple fixes.

In the SPF perl module, there should be an spfquery program that
allows you to test things.  You might try running it and see if it
gives the correct results, or the broken results that you saw.

YOu might also check to make sure you don't have more than one copy of
the perl module floating around.  I once had an older version ahead in
my perl search path, and it caused a lot of confusion on my part.

Uh, I guess another thing to check for is to make sure that you have
restarted your milter.  Maybe it is still running old code?

And, one final guess:  are all your machines up to date?  You said it
was a partner of yours that received an email that didn't work
correctly.  Is it a different machine?

I'm heading out now to see my kids.  Maybe Meng or the spf-milter
author will pipe up with some suggestions.

-wayne