Re: Why is this failing?

2004-06-13 11:54:30
On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 11:12, wayne wrote:
In <1087150040(_dot_)3488(_dot_)143(_dot_)camel(_at_)nomad> Michael Weiner
<hunter(_at_)userfriendly(_dot_)net> writes:

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 12:59 -0500, wayne wrote:
I checked this with the perl Mail::SPF::Query, libspf and libspf-alt
implementations and they all passed.  Could you please let me know
which SPF implementation you are using?

BTW, i removed the offending TXT record, which i had in DNS for YEARS.

Yeah, I noticed.  You shouldn't have had to do that, and as per my
other post, it might not have even been the cause of the problem.  Any
SPF implementation that can't deal with other TXT records is going to
have a problem with a *lot* more domains than just UF.

This is precisely why I stated, its TOO EARLY for -all.  The actions of
a few are going to be used against the many.  I believe we need to wait
a bit longer before running away with this.

Meng isn't publishing -all.  Perhaps you could retort that its not
suitable for his domain(s), but IMO until he does, I don't think really
anyone else should unless they absolutely are not doing any forwarding.
It really does only take a few bad apples to spoil the whole barrel.

I'm not asking for people to STOP, I'm asking everyone to SLOW down.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,