Re: Why is this failing?

2004-06-14 16:42:28
On Jun 14, 2004, at 5:18 AM, wayne wrote:

In <1087152870(_dot_)15784(_dot_)209(_dot_)camel(_at_)code3> James Couzens <jcouzens(_at_)6o4(_dot_)ca> writes:

It really does only take a few bad apples to spoil the whole barrel.

And it only takes a little FUD like you are spreading to cause
problems.

As everyone has said, it really depends on a site's needs. If you can't tolerate false positives from unaccounted for forwarders, then don't publish -all. If you can tolerate some then do what you feel is right for your site.

I've published some records with -all and some with ~all for exactly this reason.

What I am mostly relaying on with the -all case is that a sufficient majority forwarders will generate useful bounces and so I will learn reasonably quickly about the problem. Then, I'll deal with the problems on a case by case basis. That approach, however, may only be appropriate for a minority of domains. But I will continue to publish -all for those domains

-j