Re: reputation systems and RHSBLs

2004-06-14 01:57:05

| A good developer friend of mine who works on Kazaa knows this all to
| well as part of his job has been combating the rogue Kazaa-lite client
| that has been proliferating its way through the Internet for some time
| now.
|

MWW> We can use a shell organization, invitation only, to funnel
well-respected reputation systems through.

Only the distribution and lookup parts have to be open; the
data generation part can be relatively closed to a trusted
group.

Then your "shell organisation" or "trusted group" is an identifiable (even
if "secret") entity exposed to various kinds of attack. I take that down
(or mire it in litigation) and what happens to the rest of your system?
What does it distribute?

This is a real problem. There is no anonymous distributed fairy-dust that
we can simply sprinkle around to make it easy. It's likely to require
either serious money or serious crypto infrastructure.