RE: Please stop publishing -all it is NOT time yet

2004-06-14 06:21:45
Yes,
rather than forwarding there are so many other ways. Why not leaving all
mail in its mailbox and poll them with fetchmail/pop2exhange and others
every x minutes? Most of the provider have these polling services as
well. (Like the German GMX where you can configure up to 5 for free).
Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Daniel Taylor
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 3:10 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Please stop publishing -all it is
NOT time yet

wayne wrote:

It appears that the amount of forwarded email on the modern
internet
is extremely small.

This is the truth. I had already (pre-SPF) had to give up on
my forwarded addresses because they made spam filtering much
too difficult.

I expect most people are in similar situations, or _all_ of
their mail is forwarded and they deal with not being able to
verify the source of a message in other ways.

--
Daniel Taylor

-------
Sender Policy Framework: http://spf.pobox.com/ Archives at
http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss/current/
Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html

This mail was checked for malicious code and viruses
checking, exploit detection, threats analysis and anti-virus for
Exchange & SMTP servers. Viruses, Trojans, dangerous
attachments and offensive content are removed automatically.
Key features include: multiple virus engines; email content and
attachment checking; an exploit shield; an HTML threats engine;
a Trojan & Executable Scanner; and more.

In addition to GFI MailSecurity, GFI also produces the
GFI MailEssentials anti-spam software, the GFI FAXmaker
fax server & GFI LANguard network security product ranges.
For more information on our products, please visit
http://www.gfi.com. This disclaimer was sent by
GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP.