Re: FTC: we need sender authentication before "Do Not Spam" can work

2004-06-17 17:12:57
Franz J Ehrengruber (iptelenet) (franz(_at_)iptelenet(_dot_)com) wrote:

In my opinion there is NO difference between unsolicited bulk email and
solicited bulk email. Both are SPAM as far as I'm concerned,

The message you are reading right now is solicited bulk e-mail.
It's being sent to you by the listbox.com mail server, and it's
also being sent to hundreds, if not thousands, of other people.
That's what "bulk" means, isn't it?

But it's not spam.

greg(_at_)wooledge(_dot_)org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html